We had the privilege of joining Art and Brenda to a birthday celebration for a Pastor in Fatima, about a 25 minute drive from San Carlos. We had a great time with Carne Asada (the best tacos in Mexico according to Jeremy), a pinata, races uses a gigantic pair of pants, and of course cake. I'll hopefully post a few pictures tomorrow, but for now we are all exhausted and ready for bed. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm the last one up trying to get this done.
Our projects for this week, if we choose to accept them, are tinning a church in Fatima for the pastor whose birthday we were at, and running electrical wire in the new building so that they can start stuccoing. We will also be doing some street ministry and teaching English. We'll see how much we can get done.
Prayer requests for now include energy to do our best, willing spirits to be stretched, and safety during our time here. Also I (Alana) have been having really bad hay fever as the orange blossoms are in full bloom!
Brenda sends her thanks and appreciation for the funding for the project, it is more than she anticipated!
God Bless, and hopefully someone else will have the honor of staying up late to write to you tomorrow : )
Alana